Introduction: Employee Roles functionality is used to assign the specific permissions that each employee will have within the system.
Step One: Select the Manage Employee Roles that is within the Administration tab.
The system provides default settings for three roles
- Administrator – Typically has permission for all functionality in the system.
- Manager – This permission is for someone with direct reports
- Employee –This permission is for someone without direct reports
New roles can also be created within the step; follow the step below to add a new role.
Step Two: Select the Add a Role link.
Step Three: Name the new role, check the required permissions, then click Create
We recommend the following setting be restricted to system administrator only to avoid frequent system wide change.
- Administrator Only recommendations Manage Company Info-Allows the user to update information about the organization.
- Create/Update/Delete Employees-Add employees and update their information when necessary.
- Add/Edit Roles- Allows the user to add and edit new roles with system permissions that may differ from default roles.
- Create Reviews for All Employees-Allows the user access to create reviews for any employee in the system.
- Edit Review Comments-Allows the user to edit comments left by others on a review.
- Sign-off on All Reviews-Users with this permission are required to sign-off on all employee reviews when the eSignatures option is active and the option to require HR eSignatures is also active.
- Finalize Reviews-Allows the user to finalize any incomplete review.
- Unfinalize/Delete Reviews-Allows the user to unfinalize or permanently delete a completed form.
- Change Reviewer on Reviews-Allows the user to change the reviewer on any performance
If you have any specific question when creating a new role, feel free to contact us directly at email@example.com or by phone 800-516-5849.