Introductions: Want to add more than 5 employee at a time? Another option for adding employees to the system is to use the employee import feature. Follow these instructions below!
Step One: Select the Manage Employees Link that is located within the Review Process tab.
Step Two: Click on Import Employees link.
Step Three: Select the Import Zip File icon to have access to the excel employee import file and instructions.
Step Four: Fill in all pertinent employee information.
Note: Excel spreadsheet will not be highlighted with the required fields
The required fields are the following:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email– Used by the system to send any automated notifications your organization may be using.
Note: If an employee does not have a valid email address, you may add a fictitious address to fulfill the system requirement. We recommend something like firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hire Date
- Job Title
- User Roles- Roles must already been setup onto the system prior to assigning it to a user.
Note: It is a best practice to design your roles such that it is only necessary to assign one role to each employee.
- Manager Username(s)-This field establishes the hierarchical reporting relationship for performance appraisals. Each employee must have a manager in order to be reviewed.
- Username-Used by the employee to log into the system and must be unique.
- Introductory Period End Date –If you would like to include a probationary review period for a user, enter the end date of the probationary review period
- Employee ID -An employee identification field.
- Password- If you don’t enter a password the system will auto- generate one.
- Salary- Add the employee hourly rate or salary amount (only visible with the Compensation module turned on)
- Wage-Enter 1 for Salary or 2 for Hourly
- Status- Field to Deactivate a User (key: leave blank or enter 1 to keep a user active and enter 0 to deactivate the user)
- Change Email– Use this field for existing system user to change the User’s Email address, enter the new address here (note: this will change the user’s login to the new e-mail address if email format is used)
Step Five: Once the data is added onto the excel spreadsheet select Choose File to select the excel spreadsheet and select upload to import into the system.