Introduction: Each employee that will be reviewed and anyone who will be responsible for conducting reviews and/or surveys must exist in the system. Following these steps to add an employee.
Step One: Select the Manage Employees Link that is located within the Review Process tab.
Step Two: Click on Add Individual Employee to add a user onto the system.
Step Three: Fill in all pertinent employee information. The required fields are the following:
- Username-Used by the employee to log into the system and must be unique.
- Email– Used by the system to send any automated notifications your organization may be using.
Note: If an employee does not have a valid email address, you may add a fictitious address to fulfill the system requirement. We recommend something like email@example.com.
- First Name
- Last Name
- Hire Date
- Manager(s)-This field establishes the hierarchical reporting relationship for performance appraisals. Each employee must have a manager in order to be reviewed. Click Add a Manager to search for and assign a manager.
- User Roles-Assign the role the employee will play as a user of the system. This associates the permissions assigned to that role to the employee.
Note: It is a best practice to design your roles such that it is only necessary to assign one role to each employee.
- Password / Confirm Password– If you don’t enter a password the system will auto- generate one.
- Send email to user with login information-Check this box to automatically notify the user of log information when the record is saved.
- Employee ID -An employee identification field.
- Department – Must already exist in the system to be included in the drop-down list.
- Job Title Must already exist in the system to be included in the drop-down list.
- Employee Photo-Upload JPEG images of employees’ photos
- Signature Image -Upload JPEG images of employees’ signatures.
- Salary- Add the employee hourly rate or salary amount (only visible with the Compensation module turned on)
- Wage – (Required – Only visible with the Compensation module turned on)
- If Hourly, Hours Per Week (Only visible with the Compensation module turned on)
- Use Anniversary Review Periods –Use this field to designate that Anniversary Review Periods should be used for this user when Custom Review Periods have been chosen overall.
- Introductory Period End Date –If you would like to include a probationary review period for a user, enter the end date of the probationary review period.
Step Four: Select Create to add the user in the system or select Create and Add Another to add more employees!